NTT Com’s Michael Wheeler to Discuss the Challenges and Opportunities Facing IoT, its Potential Impact on Global Carriers Moving Forward
CHICAGO – May 7, 2018 – Michael Wheeler, Executive Vice President of the Global IP Network at NTT Communications, will discuss the challenges and opportunities created by the Internet of Things (IoT) as well as its impact on global networks.
Michael Wheeler, Executive Vice President of the Global IP Network at NTT Communications
Panel members including:
- Dawane Young, Vice President of Voice, Wireless & Platforms, Verizon Partner Solutions
- Iñaki Iraeta, Business Development Director New Services, Telefonica International Wholesale Services
- Parvin Mahajan, Director, IoT Sales Operations, Sprint
- Panel moderator Alan Burkitt-Gray, Executive Editor, Capacity Media
Will participate in panel on “Understanding the Carrier Role in the IoT Boom.” (More details)
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Time: 2pm – 3:30pm Central Standard Time (14hs – 15:30hs) local time
International Telecoms Week 2018 (ITW) held at
Hyatt Regency & Swissotel Hotels
This panel will take place at Swissotel’s Swiss Tower, Gold Level, Lucerne 2 & 3
While the possibilities of IoT and all the connected devices seem endless, the back end demand is substantial. With data consumption estimates only increasing, what will the impact be on the network?
- Currently, IoT has major implications for the mobile industry – what will the impact be on the wholesale carrier network?
- How important is partnership and co-creation of services between carriers to ensuring a seamless experience?
- How can carriers create a pricing structure so as to ensure ROI?
- How intelligent will networks be? Can carriers leverage AI and machine learning services to improve IoT experience?
- Will carriers start to focus on more terrestrial connectivity as the edge becomes more important in servicing the IoT?
Michael Wheeler is in a unique position to discuss global industry trends as NTT Communications is a subsidiary of NTT, one of the leading telecommunications companies in the world and the #50 largest corporation in the Fortune 500 Global List of 2017.
Founded in 2008, International Telecoms Week (ITW) is the annual meeting for the global wholesale telecoms industry, providing a platform for 6,000+ delegates from 1,900+ companies and more than 140 countries to meet, network and conduct business. More details here.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including leading global tier-1 IP network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching over 190 countries/regions, and over 140 secure data centers worldwide. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
www.ntt.com | Twitter@NTT Com | Facebook@NTT Com | LinkedIn@NTT Com
About NTT Communications Global IP Network
Consistently ranked among the top networks worldwide, NTT Com’s Tier-1 Global IP Network covers North and South America, Asia, Europe and Oceania, and provides the best possible environment for content, data and video transport through a single autonomous system number (AS 2914).
NTT Com was named Best Global Wholesale Carrier (Data) at the Global Carrier Awards 2017, and is one of the top global wholesale IP providers according to the latest Dyn Wholesale Rankings.
www.gin.ntt.net | Twitter@GinNTTnet #globalipnetwork #AS2914
Global IP Network
NTT Communications | NTT America